By the Grace of Tea was born in the fall of 2010 when founder Ann Ranson experienced her perfect storm. In Ann’s mind, a TV program on the civili(ty) and intimacy experienced through afternoon tea connected with a TEDWomen talk about taking an “other” to lunch.
Suddenly she had a vision for how tea could become a catalyst for connection through conversation. Ann believes that there is nothing bigger or more powerful than the collective consciousness that results when people come together, especially over a delicious cup of tea.
When asked how she gets the names for her tea, Ann says, “it’s almost as if the tea talks to me!” I taste a lot of tea until I find one that I love. Then I look at my tea name hot list – words with values that I want to encourage & that end in a (ty) sound. I sip, I think and I listen. It’s really an intuitive process. And I love how it allows me to bring the essence of each value to life. It all started with Possibili(ty); who knows what’s next.
More about By the Grace of Tea
- The tea: the majority of our teas are organic, and some are fair trade. We are dedicated to finding the highest quality and socially responsible sources for our products. Fair trade is a social movement to help producers in developing countries create healthier trading conditions while promoting sustainability.
- Unique accessories: I find most everything that I include in the gift baskets and boxes by visiting estate sales, thrift stores and any place else where I can find high quality accessories at affordable prices – I want you to have something special or unique. I am constantly looking for interesting tea cups/saucers, teapots and other old things to use when enjoying a cup or pot of tea.
- The mission: to make a difference one cup at a time by promoting conversation and community. We are a socially conscious enterprise dedicated to sustainability and social responsibility.
- Please take The Civility Pledge: “I pledge to behave with civility, treating myself and others with respect and consideration. I pledge to show compassion and curiosity. I pledge to be gracious, honest, authentic and wholly present, right here, right now. I pledge to invite others to take the pledge and to engage in intentional and civil conversations.”
- Our commitment: bringing you blends chosen to match a value or energy that supports your journey to the higher notes of spiritual, emotional, physical and mental health. Current blends are Civili(ty) ™, Possibili(ty)™ , Clari(ty) ™, Communi(ty)™, Festivi(ty)™, Integri(ty)™, Productivi(ty)™, Prosperi(ty)™, Sereni(ty)™, Swee(ty)™ and Vitali(ty)™.
Connect Through Conversation