Each Matcha Tea Gift Set includes one traditional bamboo whisk plus a 1 oz pouch of special quality powdered green tea that makes about 60-80 bowls.
Matcha tea is used in the traditional tea ceremony. It has amazing health benefits and can also be used in cooking.
Matcha tea is best enjoyed when frothed by fully whisking!
- Preheat a bowl/matcha bowl with boiling water, and moisten the matcha whisk, if you’re using one. Otherwise use a good kitchen whisk.
- Scoop 2 grams of powdered matcha green tea (about 1/4 teaspoon per 6-8oz of water) and add approximately one teacup of hot water.
- Hold the bowl firmly with one hand and whisk with the whisk from left to right to form frothy bubbles.
- Whisk the Matcha well and break up any small lumps with the tip of your whisk.
- This assures the most optimal flavor and a smooth and creamy texture.
- Hold the whisk in the middle of your foam, and allow the liquid in the whisk to draw off, and gently remove the whisk.
- Matcha is also a very healthy and flavorful addition to smoothie drinks and baked good recipes. I add Matcha Tea to my smoothies for a delicious and healthy beverage. I’ve also made Matcha Tea Chocolate Truffles and Matcha Tea Biscotti. Yum!
Click here to shop for other varieties of green tea